Introducing Regular Expressions
If you’re a programmer new to regular expressions, this easy-to-follow guide is a great place to start. You’ll learn the fundamentals step-by-step with the help of numerous examples, discovering first-hand how to match, extract, and transform text by matching specific words, characters, and patterns.
- Discover what regular expressions are and how they work
- Learn many of the differences between regular expressions used with command-line tools and in various programming languages
- Apply simple methods for finding patterns in text, including digits, letters, Unicode characters, and string literals
- Learn how to use zero-width assertions and lookarounds
- Work with groups, backreferences, character classes, and quantifiers
- Use regular expressions to mark up plain text with HTML5
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. What Is a Regular Expression?
Chapter 2. Simple Pattern Matching
Chapter 3. Boundaries
Chapter 4. Alternation, Groups, and Backreferences
Chapter 5. Character Classes
Chapter 6. Matching Unicode and Other Characters
Chapter 7. Quantifiers
Chapter 8. Lookarounds
Chapter 9. Marking Up a Document with HTML
Chapter 10. The End of the Beginning
Appendix. Regular Expression Reference
- Paperback: 154 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449392687
- ISBN-13: 978-1449392680
Big thanks! (+1 for the epub file)
I was waiting for this book!
Admin, thank you. THANK YOU!