Force.com Tips and Tricks
Force.com is an extremely powerful, scalable and secure cloud platform, delivering a complete technology stack covering the ground from database and security to workflow and user interface.
Force.com Tips and Tricks starts with very basic admin tasks and gradually moves to hard-core coding tips and tricks for the multitenant Force.com platform.
The book starts with the basics of Cloud Computing and Principles and constructs of Force.com. The book then swiftly move to detailed coverage of Salesforce analytics. The book also shows how to set up development environments and and gives detailed understanding of tools and destinations that every Force.com developer should know. The book also covers important administration concepts where you gain vital information for key topics such as schema and reporting for an organization. For Force.com, troubleshooting a problem and code reuse are two important aspects that help in boosting productivity, a complete chapter is dedicated to these tasks.
This book takes you beyond any documentation or course and promises hands-on expertise.
What you will learn from this book
- Be more efficient and productive on the Force.com platform, not only as a developer but also as an administrator.
- Manage Salesforce.org and use it in a multi-developer environment.
- Explore various tools and destinations for admins.
- Make best use of Salesforce objects, reports, and analytics.
- Explore various tools and destinations for developers.
- Understand the multitenant nature of the platform.
- Write better code in both Apex and Visualforce.
Force.com Tips and Tricks is not a complete reference guide for the Force.com platform development but it is a time-saving tips and tricks book that can be very helpful and handy for novice as well as experienced developers. This book would be very useful for Force.com developers who want to extend their Force.com applications using Flex, Apex, and Visualforce.
Who this book is written for
Force.com Tips and Tricks is not a bible or a complete reference for the Force.com platform development. The time- saving tips and tricks make this book handy for novice as well as experienced developers. This is basically for Force.com developers, who want to extend their Force.com applications using Flex, Apex, and Visualforce.
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184968474X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684743