Flash iOS Apps Cookbook
The latest version of Flash Professional can directly target iOS, allowing Flash developers to write applications that will run natively on Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. What’s more, with Apple loosening its restrictions on third-party technologies, apps written in Flash can now be sold and distributed within the App Store.
Flash iOS Apps Cookbook provides the recipes required to build native iOS apps using your existing knowledge of the Flash platform. Whether you want to create something new or simply convert an existing Flash project, the relevant steps and techniques will be covered, helping you achieve your goal.
Learn how to configure and use Flash Professional for iOS development by writing and deploying a simple app to a device. Implement many iOS-specific features such a multi-touch, the virtual keyboard, camera support, screen orientation and the Retina display. Overcome the limitations of mobile development by mastering hardware acceleration and optimization. Whether you’re an enthusiast or professional developer, the Flash iOS Apps Cookbook is your toolkit to creating high-quality content for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure and publish native iOS apps from Flash Professional CS5 or CS5.5.
- Start by quickly building and deploying a simple app to your iOS device.
- Target mobile screens and implement usability considerations.
- Best practices for porting existing Flash projects.
- Access input sensors including the touch-screen, the accelerometer, GPS and the virtual keyboard.
- Overcome performance and memory constraints.
- Work with Flash video and audio.
- Render web pages directly within your app.
The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge.
Who this book is for
Flash developers or enthusiasts looking to build iOS apps using their existing Flash and ActionScript 3.0 skills.
- Paperback: 420 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184969138X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691383