Drupal 7 Views Cookbook
The Drupal content management system is purposely created with a ‘light footprint,’ leaving it to the user or developer to add wanted features. Views is the #1 add-on module for Drupal and enables you to filter, select and present your content in ways that are more meaningful to your site visitors.
Drupal 7 Views Cookbook allows you to bypass most of the Views learning curve and quickly take advantage of the capabilities of the Views module through step-by-step instructions for quickly developing dozens of useful views.
Starting with a brief introduction to Views, Drupal 7 Views Cookbook takes you through recipes for elementary views such as displaying randomly selected content, to intermediate views such as customizing links, to advanced views using multiple displays. Along the way there are recipes for theming views, creating a programmatic view and a view handler, administering views, and finally, using some other modules related to the Views module. Recipes are standalone, so pick them in any order!
Don’t limit your site with dull content presentation. Empower your site visitors with the recipes that Drupal 7 Views Cookbook delivers!
What you will learn from this book
- Present menu choices for categorized subsets of your content
- Create blocks containing interesting lists or randomly selected images
- Link multiple content types to provide more complete information
- Display complementary content in additional displays
- Design a desktop-like page driven by user input
- Deliver a view from inside a custom module
- Manipulate the templates to add pizzazz to your views
- Administer your views with confidence
This is a cookbook containing plenty of easy-to-follow practical recipes with screenshots that will help you in mastering the Drupal Views module.
Who this book is for
Drupal 7 Views Cookbook is for developers or technically proficient users who are fairly comfortable with the concepts behind websites and the Drupal environment.
- Paperback: 218 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514348
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514347