C++ Without Fear: A Beginner’s Guide That Makes You Feel Smart, 2nd Edition
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to program a computer, or to learn the widely used C++ programming language in particular, C++ Without Fear, Second Edition, offers an ideal way to get you started.
Written with the same approach that earned the first edition rave reviews, the author first emphasizes short, simple examples that are easy to enter; then, within a couple of chapters, he has you creating useful utilities, playing games, and using the computer to solve interesting puzzles. His approach is a welcome departure from many programming texts, which quickly get bogged down in complex and sometimes meaningless examples. You’ll find here, patiently explained and clearly illustrated, everything you need to learn programming quickly, and to have fun doing it!
Yes, programming can be a complex task, and C++ is a language often used by professionals. In fact, many of the coolest games, graphics, and Internet applications are created with C++, and it’s even been used on the Mars rovers. But the language, like the monster pictured on the cover, need not be all that fearsome. Broken down to its essentials, and enhanced by simple examples, practical exercises, and the whys and tricks behind each language feature, you’ll be amazed at the rapid progress you can make.
With C++ Without Fear, Second Edition, you will
- Learn the basics of C++ programming
- Get started writing your own programs
- See how and why each piece of a program does what it does
- Create useful and reusable program code
- Understand object-oriented programming–for once explained in simple, down-to-earth terms
NEW AND IMPROVED
While compatible with nearly every version of the C++ language, this second edition has been updated to cover important features of the newest and greatest C++ standard (C++0x). In addition, it now includes
- Even more figures, examples, and exercises
- Even more puzzles and games
- An expanded 75-page language reference
- Instructions for downloading free C++ software
Whether you wish to learn C++ programming for pleasure, or you’re considering a career in programming, this book is an outstanding choice.
- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 2nd Edition (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132673266
- ISBN-13: 978-0132673266