CompTIA A+ Complete Lab Manual
Boost your understanding of CompTIA A+ exam principles with practical, real-world exercises
Designed to complement CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide, this hands-on companion book takes you step by step through the tasks a PC technician is likely to face on any given day. It supports the theory explained in the test-prep guide with additional practical application, increasing a new PC technician’s confidence and marketability. Various scenarios incorporate roadblocks that may occur on the job and explain ways to successfully complete the task at hand. In addition, each task is mapped to a specific A+ exam objective for exams 220-801 and 220-802.
Tasks are divided into categories: hardware and software installation, hardware and software maintenance, and installing and upgrading operating systems, networks, and security systems.
- Designed to enhance factual study with practical application
- Explains step by step how to perform a variety of tasks that PC technicians commonly face on the job
- Tasks include installing or replacing a power supply or a laptop hard drive, installing or upgrading to Windows 7, scanning for and removing viruses, installing printer drivers, and troubleshooting a network
CompTIA A+ Complete Lab Manual gives you the hands-on experience you need to succeed in the real world.
From the Back Cover
Step-by-step exercises teach you hands-on skills
Real-world scenarios put those skills in perspective
A Practical, Task-Based Approach to Exam Prep
If you’re preparing for CompTIA A+ exams 220-801 and 220-802, you’ll want to take advantage of all the exercises in this practical lab manual. Covering the objectives for both exams, as well as many tasks PC technicians typically face on the job, this valuable learning tool features dozens of step-by-step exercises designed to give you real-world, hands-on practice. Get prepared for the exams, and a career, with challenging tasks that include:
- Testing and replacing a power supply
- Installing a laptop optical drive or hard drive
- Syncing a mobile device with Windows 7
- Updating security patches
- Backing up with Acronis True Image Home
- Creating a new user in Windows 7
- Setting up a mobile phone to use e-mail
- Configuring mail accounts in Windows Live
- Using Restore Point in Windows 7
- Turning off SSID broadcasts on a wireless router
- Troubleshooting a hard drive failure
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118324072
- ISBN-13: 978-1118324073
Thank you for providing quality newest books.