Application Development with Parse using iOS SDK
Parse using iOS SDK is a new technology, and is the first of its kind in the field of mobile application development. It provides you the cloud where you can keep your data, host your code, and even your website without any hassle. It provides SDK so that you can access your data through your mobile and web applications.
This practical, hands- on guide will help you to instantly get started with Parse iOS. It is packed with step- by- step exercises, which will help you to take advantage of the real power of the Parse iOS cloud backend service, and provides you with an example- based approach to help you build applications using Parse iOS.
Starting with Parse iOS installation, we will move onto integration, and finally, this guide will end with the development of an application using Parse iOS. You will also learn about securing your application data by specifying ACL and Roles to your data objects. We will also learn about configuration in detail, and the implementation of cloud code to make your application lighter on the client side. You can take advantage of iCloud by hosting your website as well.
You will learn everything that you need to know to develop your application using Parse iOS as a backend.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to handle objects and queries in Parse
- Work with subclasses and files, to use the Parse iOS cloud to save data
- Discover how to configure your application on Parse along with its installation in your project
- Use Parse analytics for tracking users’ activity on applications
- Understand user creation with login process and user roles to secure data on Parse iOS cloud
- Get to grips with the different ways to handle errors along with securing your data on cloud
A practical guide, featuring step-by-step instructions showing you how to use Parse iOS, and handle your data on cloud.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer who wants to build your applications instantly using Parse iOS as a back end application development, this book is ideal for you. This book will help you to understand Parse, featuring examples to help you get familiar with the concepts of Parse iOS.
- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783550333
- ISBN-13: 978-1783550333