Apache Solr 4 Cookbook
Apache Solr is a blazing fast, scalable, open source Enterprise search server built upon Apache Lucene. Solr is wildly popular because it supports complex search criteria, faceting, result highlighting, query-completion, query spell-checking, and relevancy tuning, amongst other numerous features.
“Apache Solr 4 Cookbook” will show you how to get the most out of your search engine. Full of practical recipes and examples, this book will show you how to set up Apache Solr, tune and benchmark performance as well as index and analyze your data to provide better, more precise, and useful search data.
“Apache Solr 4 Cookbook” will make your search better, more accurate and faster with practical recipes on essential topics such as SolrCloud, querying data, search faceting, text and data analysis, and cache configuration.
With numerous practical chapters centered on important Solr techniques and methods, Apache Solr 4 Cookbook is an essential resource for developers who wish to take their knowledge and skills further. Thoroughly updated and improved, this Cookbook also covers the changes in Apache Solr 4 including the awesome capabilities of SolrCloud.
What you will learn from this book
- Efficient and configurable Apache Solr 4 setup
- Index your data in different formats, forms, and sources
- Implement different autocomplete functionality
- Achieve near real time search with Apache Solr 4
- Improve and benchmark Apache Solr for increased performance
- Master SolrCloud functionality
- Diagnose and resolve your problems with Apache Solr 4
- Improve the relevance of your queries
- Overcome common problems when analyzing your data
“Apache Solr 4 Cookbook” is written in a helpful, practical style with numerous hands-on recipes to help you master Apache Solr to get more precise search results and analysis, higher performance, and reliability.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers who wish to learn how to master Apache Solr 4. This book will specifically appeal to developers who wish to quickly get to grips with the changes and new features of Apache Solr 4. This book is also handy as a practical guide to solving common problems and issues when using Apache Solr.
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782161325
- ISBN-13: 978-1782161325