Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 Six-in-One
Complete coverage of all key .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 languages and technologies.NET 4 is Microsoft’s latest version of their core programming platform, and Visual Studio 2010 is the toolset that helps write .NET 4 applications. This comprehensive resource offers one-stop shopping for all you need to know to get productive with .NET 4. Experienced author and .NET guru Mitchel Sellers reviews all the important new features of .NET 4, including .NET charting and ASP.NET charting, ASP.NET dynamic data and jQuery, and the addition of F# as a supported package language.
The expansive coverage is divided into six distinctive parts for easy navigation, and addresses: Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4, ASP.NET, the C# language, the VB.NET language, and the new F# language. A practical approach and complete examples round out this much-needed reference.
- Focuses on the new and important features of the latest version Microsoft’s core programming platform-.NET 4-as well as Visual Studio 2010, which allows you to write .NET 4 applications
- Provides comprehensive coverage divided into six parts: Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4, ASP.NET, the C# language, the VB.NET language, and the new F# language
- Discusses Visual Studio snippets and templates, .NET charting components, the .NET framework and WPF, LINQ, and the Entity framework
- Explores various aspects of Visual Basic 2010, such as multi-line lambdas, auto-implemented properties, nullable optional parameters, and more
This investigative look at .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 will help you identify and isolate key elements that can benefit you immediately.
From the Back Cover
Get up to date with the new Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4
The .NET Framework has undergone extensive updates and improvements. To help you get up to speed with these changes, a team of .NET experts offers you this hands-on guide covering the changes to the latest versions of Visual Studio and .NET. Written with the experienced .NET developer in mind, this reference is broken into six parts so that you can quickly locate the content you need regarding the following topics: Visual Studio, .NET 4, ASP.NET 4, VB. NET, C#, and finally, F# and other .NET languages. Detailed examples and summary chapters help you identify new features so that you can quickly acquire an understanding of the functionality they provide.
Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 Six-in-One:
- Serves as a comprehensive overview of Visual Studio and .NET
- Discusses the Visual Studio 2010 IDE and its newest features
- Addresses the functionality provided by version 4 of the .NET Framework and Silverlight 4
- Provides a foundation concerning ASP.NET 4 and VB.NET
- Explores the changes to the Visual Basic, C#, and F# languages
- Delves into other .NET languages, such as IronRuby and IronPython
About the Author
István Novák is a Microsoft MVP in Visual C# and an associate of Grepton, a Hungarian IT services company.
András Velvárt is a Silverlight MVP, regular speaker at conferences, and the owner of Response Ltd., a consulting and WPF/Silverlight development company in Hungary.
Adam Granicz is the CEO of IntelliFactory, a leading provider of F# training, development, and consulting services. He is the coauthor of two F# books and a regular speaker at conferences.
- Paperback: 1272 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (October, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470499486
- ISBN-13: 978-0470499481