What does it take to build well-engineered Android applications? Explore Android’s core building blocks and APIs in depth with this authoritative guide, and learn how to create compelling apps that work on a full range of Android devices. You’ll work with proven approaches to app design and implementation—including application frameworks that you can use as a starting point for your own projects.
Delve into sensors, native development, 3D graphics, and many other topics, and discover how to build apps on the platform of your choice. If you’re an intermediate to advanced programmer, you’ll learn how to make great Android apps.
- Learn how to use the Android SDK with the Eclipse IDE
- Apply advanced Java concepts regardless of your experience with the language
- Create an Android user interface that’s captivating and easy to navigate
- Understand Android’s unique database design issues and the role of SQLite
- Use sensors and gestures to expand your app’s input beyond just tapping and scrolling
- Explore Android APIs for multimedia, location, communication, NFC, and other applications
About the Author
Zigurd Mednieks is a consultant to leading OEMs, enterprises, and software publishers creating Android-based systems and software. Previously he was Chief Architect at D2 Technologies. He has held senior management positions at companies making mobile games, communications equipment, and computer telephony applications, and has written and contributed to books on programming and communications technology.
- Paperback: 502 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449389694
- ISBN-13: 978-1449389697