IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino Administration
When the IT strategy calls for maximizing the value of social software for building effective teams, neither social networking nor team collaboration is sufficient on its own. Lotus Quickr Team Collaboration software delivers the promise of social software; but ensuring that a business’s social networking site is compliant can be daunting. This book will help you ensure effective and efficient team collaboration by building a solid social infrastructure with IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5.
The book will familiarize system administrators with all the information they need to install, upgrade, and manage IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5. You will also learn to leverage social software principles to foster diverse teams in an interconnected world. This book will help you break virtual boundaries and remove the impediments to the development of high-performance teams through the use of IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5.
This practical book starts off by providing you with a clear, detailed walkthrough of key concepts including collaboration beyond document management, and adopting social collaboration in an enterprise.
We then examine the product architecture of Lotus Quickr services and provide a walkthrough of deployment aspects of Lotus Quickr to provide a scalable environment through clustering. We cover some of the basic tools used to set up and manage the IBM Lotus Quickr server along with unique methods for upgrading to the latest 8.5 version. We provide you with an in-depth look at the concepts of Lotus Quickr Connectors deployment, management, and a new capability around Windows-based single sign-on to solve a variety of problems.
By the end of this book, you will be able to build a well-executed social collaboration platform that delivers the productivity edge needed to succeed in the digitally interconnected business world of today.
Install, configure, and maintain IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 from a single location in an interconnected world
What you will learn from this book :
- Integrate social networking tools such as blogs, wikis, social bookmarking, and talent profiles seamlessly through Lotus Quickr
- Discover the foundational concepts around Team Collaboration in an enterprise
- Explore the product architecture of Lotus Quickr Services for Lotus Domino and some potential deployment topologies that can be leveraged
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a clustered environment with Lotus Quickr
- Understand some of the most used administrative functions of Lotus Quickr for Domino
- Upgrade your IBM Lotus Quickplace and Quickr services to the new version 8.5
- Manage Quickr place and placetypes in a Lotus Quickr Domino environment
- Provide your organization with themes for its projects and clients through customizations
- Manage collaborative content directly from inside your traditional desktop products with Lotus Quickr Connectors
This is a step-by-step manual, with explanation from installation and upgrading, to the development and management of Quickr, to what-to-do-next when you finally have everything set up. It discusses problems that you might face while upgrading to the latest version. The authors show you how to get the most out of the most important features including installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting a clustered environment with Lotus Quickr.
Who this book is written for
This is a step-by-step manual for System Administrators and Business Analysts who need to facilitate the effective and efficient performance of diverse teams in an interconnected world. It can also be read by Management to gain a high-level understanding of the new features and capabilities offered by the product. You don’t require any knowledge of IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5. This book will teach you everything you need to know.
- Paperback: 252 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849680523
- ISBN-13: 978-1849680523