Get the most out of the new features in CSS3
- Explains CSS3 in detail for web developers and designers who may or may not know HTML, CSS, or tools like Dreamweaver
- Instructs how to define and apply CSS3 effects and transforms that work in multiple browsers
- Provides detailed information and helpful examples, in the friendly, non-intimidating, For Dummies style
Start putting the great new features of CSS3 to work on your next project with CSS3 For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with CSS3
Chapter 1. Understanding CSS3 Download Now »
Make ordinary photos extraordinary with Photoshop Elements 12 All-in-One For Dummies!
Whether you prefer to snap shots on your smartphone or don’t ever leave home without your DSLR, chances are you have way more photos than you ever dreamed possible. Photoshop Elements 12 All-in-One For Dummies is here to help you get those pictures organized and turn your favorite shots into amazing images. This information-packed, full-color guide features nine minibooks covering all aspects of the image-editing process. From learning what’s new with Elements 12, finding your way around the workspace, and bringing some order to your images to enhancing color, correcting flaws, working with filters and effects, sharing your work, and beyond, you’ll be on your way to picture perfection in no time.
- Guides you through the Elements basics – working with the Organizer, importing photos, and using the tools and options
- Explains how to enhance your images by adjusting color, brightness, resolution, contrast, and sharpness
- Teaches you how to work with layers, masks, filters, effects, styles, type, and the Brush and Pencil tools
- Shows you how to share your creative genius with the world via slide shows, photo books, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe Revel, and other fun photo projects and sites
Whether you’re new to image editing or just new to Elements 12, you’ll sharpen your skills and get your shots in shape with Photoshop Elements 12 All-in-One For Dummies! Download Now »
Realize the potential of social collaboration in business with this easy-to-understand guide
Social media have proven to be an engaging and addictive mode of communication and information gathering for users on a personal level. However, by applying that same philosophy, a corporate collaboration system that employs social technologies could potentially get employees more involved in running an efficient and effective business. This fun and friendly guide shows you exactly how to put social networking to work in order to achieve business goals. Taking you beyond just the features and tools of social collaboration, the book focuses on where and how social collaboration principles and technologies can be applied in order to enhance the performance of an organization, regardless of how big or small it may be.
- Helps businesses understand how to introduce social collaboration practices into their organizations in order to create the results they are seeking
- Details ways to transform a business into a social business by using social collaboration technologies
- Provides case studies that exemplify ways in which business can engage and learn in social collaboration
Social Collaboration For Dummies is an ideal introductory guide for anyone looking to use social collaboration to lead to improvements in productivity, organizational agility, innovation, and employee engagement.
Table of Contents Download Now »
It’s never too late to get up and running on a laptop
Just bought your first laptop and not sure where to start? Here’s the book you need. Easy-to-follow instructions (plus really easy-to-read fonts!) help you unlock the most convenient and fun aspects to using a laptop. Get advice on selecting the right laptop for you, learn to navigate the operating system without hassle, and get comfortable with files and folders, wireless printing, downloading apps, syncing to mobile phones, and maintaining security. You’ll soon be using your trusty laptop for shopping, social networking, instant messaging, e-mailing, playing games, and more.
- Helps the growing number of seniors who are embracing technology and often using a laptop for the first time get quickly up to speed
- Covers basics such as how to use the keyboard and mouse, access the Internet, get familiar with Windows 8, and more
- Guides you through staying safe online, using various Office applications, connecting to a wireless network, working with files and folders, playing games, and, of course, having fun
- Features clear, easy-to-follow instructions and a large font and helpful images for easy reading
Laptops For Seniors For Dummies, 3rd Edition is specially designed and written to help you become a tech-savvy senior in no time at all.
Download Now »
This completely updated guide prepares you for taking the PMP certification exam
As the most popular project management certification available, the PMP certification is very difficult to obtain and demands stringent requirements. Thankfully, this All-in-One guide is packed with valuable information that has been completely updated to offer you the most accurate and helpful information for taking the exam. The book features up-to-date content that reflects the changes in the Fifth Edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and helps you navigate the various requirements to become PMP certified. Plus, new review questions written by the author serve to enhance your learning process.
- Contains all things related to becoming PMP certified, from signing up to take the exam to becoming savvy with the essential areas of PMBOK
- Helps you make sense of each domain of the PMBOK: communications management, cost management, human resources management, integration management, procurement management, quality management, risk management, scope management, and time management
- Offers complete coverage of the challenging PMP certification requirements as well as a large selection of practice questions
- Features an accompanying website that contains the Dummies Test Engine that boasts hundreds of sample questions Download Now »
Better photos are a snap with a little imagination and Photoshop Elements 12 For Dummies!
Sure, your photos are nice, but why settle for ordinary pictures when you can create extraordinary images with a little help from Photoshop Elements 12 and For Dummies? This fun and easy Elements reference is perfect for amateur photographers and photo enthusiasts who want to make their snapshots picture perfect. Learn what’s new in Photoshop Elements 12, find your way around the interface, make color and contrast adjustments, add type and interesting effects, and share your images with your friends, family, and other photographers via social media and Adobe Revel. It’s easy!
- Walks you through the Organizer, tools, menus, and options and shows you how to import and upload your images
- Explains how to fine-tune your photos by cropping or removing unwanted objects, adjusting shadows and highlights, improving contrast, adding artistic effects, working with text, and fixing blemishes or other imperfections
- Teaches you how to work with layers, contrast, color, clarity, filters, effects, styles, and type
- Provides creative inspiration for photo projects and tips for sharing your images online or in print
Fantastic photos and interesting images are just a click away with Photoshop Elements 12 For Dummies in your toolkit! Download Now »