Usability Testing Essentials: Ready, Set…Test!
Do you love your mobile phone? Your MP3 player? Your e-book reader? You laptop or tablet PC? There’s a reason for that. Usability.
When usability testing is part of the design and development of products, the results are better products that users want and like. You may be doing testing now or want to help your company get started, but you may not have all the tools to know how to properly prepare, test, analyze, and measure the results across a multitude of cultures, generations, and countries. And you may be facing tight budgets and short timeframes for testing. If this is your situation, this essential handbook gives you a variety of options and strategies for testing in numerous situations.
Usability Testing Essentials presents a practical, step-by-step approach to learning the entire process of planning and conducting a usability test. It also explains how to analyze and apply the results and what to do when confronted with budgetary and time restrictions. This is the ideal book for anyone involved in usability or user-centered design-from students to seasoned professionals.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of all phases of usability testing
- Fully updated four color edition features important usability topics such as international testing, persona creation, remote testing, and accessibility
- Follow-up to Usability Testing and Research (9780205315192, Longman, 2002), winner of the highest-level award from the Society for Technical Communication
- Presents a step-by-step approach to the entire process of planning and conducting a usability test–an essential component of designing usable products
- Comprehensive coverage of one of the most important skills necesary for usability and user experience practioners, and the first book of its kind to include international testing
- Follow-up to Usability Testing and Research, which won the highest-level award from the Society for Technical Communication, and is already listed among the most widely recommended books in the field.
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (November 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780123750921
- ISBN-13: 978-0123750921