The ideal on-the-job reference guide for SQL Server 2008 database administratorsIf you manage and administer SQL Server 2008 in the real world, you need this detailed guide at your desk. From planning to disaster recovery, this practical book explores tasks and scenarios that a working SQL Server DBA faces regularly and shows you step by step how to handle them. Topics include installation and configuration, creating databases and tables, optimizing the database server, planning for high availability, and more.
And, if you’re preparing for MCTS or MCITP certification in SQL Server 2008 administration, this book is the perfect supplement to your preparation, featuring a CD with practice exams, flashcards, and video walkthroughs of the more difficult administrative tasks
- Delves into Microsoft’s SQL Server 2008, a rich set of enterprise-level database services for business-critical applications
- Explores the skills you’ll need on the job as a SQL Server 2008 administrator
- Shows you how to implement, maintain, and repair the SQL Server database, including bonus videos on the CD where the authors walks you through the more difficult tasks
- Covers database design, installation and configuration, creating databases and tables, security, backup and high availability, and more
- Supplements your preparation for MCTS and MCITP SQL Server 2008 certification with in-depth coverage of the skill sets required for certification, as defined by Microsoft
- Uses hands-on exercises and real-world scenarios to keep what you’re learning grounded in the reality of the workplace
Make sure you’re not only prepared for certification, but also for your job as a SQL Server 2008 administrator, with this practical reference!
- Paperback: 816 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (May 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470554203
- ISBN-13: 978-0470554203