Oracle Identity and Access Manager 11g for Administrators
Oracle Identity Management is intended to help organizations quickly and reliably manage information about users on multiple systems and applications. Regulatory Compliance and the desire to expose business applications over the Internet have made Identity and Access management skills particularly desirable in recent times. Oracle Access Manager is a recommended Single Sign-On solution for Fusion Middleware including WebCenter, SOA Suite, Portal, and E-Business Suite; more and more companies are implementing Oracle Access Manager. This book will guide you through the important administrative aspects of Identity Mangement.
Oracle Identity and Access Manager 11g for Administrators covers the complete day-to-day task of installing, configuring, and managing Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Identity Manager. This book covers everything an administrator needs during and after an Oracle Identity and Access Management implementation.
This book covers all aspects of the Oracle Identity and Access Management life cycle from administrator’s point of view.
This book starts with an introduction into Oracle’s Identity and Access Management products touching all the products which are part of the Oracle Identity Management Suite. It then covers installation and the configuration of multiple OAM/OIM servers in clusters for resilience and high availability deployment for production deployments, creating Identity and Access Management Schemas, and configuring Identity Manager and Access Manager in detail. The book then dives into the important topic that is Oracle Identity Manager navigation, and covers integrating Oracle Identity Manager with Oracle Internet Directory and Microsoft Active Directory using OIM Connectors. Finally the book covers the important key topic for monitoring that is Logging and Auditing in OIM/OAM and configuring a dedicated database for Auditing.
A focused step-by-step handbook for Identity Management administrators.
What you will learn from this book :
- Get started by installing and configuring Oracle Identity and Access manager including high availability configuration.
- Learn how to start-up and shutdown OIM/OAM using different methods like the command line and console.
- Understand key files including configuration, logs and the directory structure which are useful in troubleshooting and configuration.
- Master the integration and configuration of OIM with Oracle Internet Directory and Microsoft Active Directory using Pre-Built OIM Connectors
- Learn to configure Logging and Auditing in OIM/OAM and store auditing data for reporting.
- Get to grips with registering agents such as WebGate, AccessGate, and OSSO Agents with OAM Server using theAdministration Console and Remote Registration Tool
- Gain knowledge to configure password policies, attributes, and scheduled tasks in OIM
- Get step-by-step instructions for installing and configuring 11g/10g Webgates with Oracle HTTP Server 11g
- Learn about Session Management in OAM 11g with various session data stores such as in-memory local cache and in-memory distributed cache managed
This book is written in a simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is written for
If you are an IDAM or database administrator looking to carry out administration tasks right that begin with installation,and configuration, then this guide is for you. You need not have any prior administration skills to get started with this book.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682682
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682688