Microsoft Silverlight Edition: Programming Windows Phone 7
Bring your app ideas to life—with guidance from a Windows programming legend
Get started building your own apps and utilities for Windows Phone 7—expertly guided by award-winning author Charles Petzold. Focusing on Silverlight for Windows Phone 7 and the C# language, you’ll learn how to extend your existing skills to this new mobile platform—mastering the core tools and techniques you need to get productive quickly. As always, Charles brings a unique combination of pragmatism and inspiration to his instruction—along with a wealth of hands-on examples.
NOTE: This book is the printed, Silverlight-focused edition of Programming Windows Phone 7, which is available as a free eBook from the Microsoft Download Center. A Microsoft XNA®-focused edition is also available for sale in print (ISBN 978-0-7356-5669-7). The Microsoft eBook covers both Silverlight and XNA in one volume.
Discover how to:
- Customize page navigation and layout
- Know when to use code vs. XAML markup
- Capture and embed bitmaps, balancing performance issues
- Support multi-touch input—including tap, drag, flick, and pinch
- Work with accelerometer and location services
- Experiment with panoramic and pivot controls
- Create effects using built-in or custom animations
- Manage state, tombstoning, data-binding, and storage
- Write your own templates and custom controls
- Test-drive your app on Windows Phone Emulator
Get code samples on the Web: For system requirements, see the Introduction.
About the Author
Charles Petzold has been writing about programming for Windows-based operating systems for 24 years. A Microsoft MVP for Client Application Development and a Windows Pioneer Award winner, Petzold is author of the classic Programming Windows, currently in its fifth edition and one of the best-known programming books of all time; the widely acclaimed Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software; and more than a dozen other books.
- Paperback: 792 pages
- Publisher: Microsoft Press (December, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735656673
- ISBN-13: 978-0735656673