Managing Multimedia and Unstructured Data in the Oracle Database
Multimedia is the new digital frontier. Managers, software architects, administrators and developers need to fully comprehend this exciting new technology as its widespread use and acceptance cannot be ignored any longer.
“Managing Multimedia and Unstructured Data in the Oracle Database” will give you a complete understanding of how to manage all data, especially multimedia. You will learn all the latest terminology, how to set up a database, load digital objects, search on them and even how to sell them. Whether you are a manager or database administrator, this book will give you the knowledge you need to take control of this rapidly growing and industry- changing technology. Technology which is transforming our lives.
Starting with the basic principles of unstructured data and detailing the concepts behind multimedia warehouses and digital asset management systems, this book will describe how to load this data, search against it, display it intelligently, and deliver it to customers and users. Learn how all these concepts work within the Oracle 11g R2 database environment and how to tune the database effectively to manage it.
Begin to learn about this new and exciting field and use it to give your business a competitive edge or give yourself the ability to take a leadership role in this exciting new computing genre.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover a whole new world beyond relational databases
- Understand what is involved in selling a digital image
- Learn about the different types of multimedia warehouses
- Uncover the truth behind searching for digital objects
- Understand the complete picture for tuning an Oracle database with multimedia
- Get to grips with all the issues in setting up a digital asset e-commerce system
- Understand what multimedia and unstructured data really is
- Realise how the Oracle database can work with multimedia
- Get to grips with digital image processing and transformation techniques
- Expand your database knowledge to include complex data
- Add credibility to your resume by adopting this new and visually exciting technological direction
This book is written in simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is for
If you are an Oracle database administrator, Museum curator, IT manager, Developer, Photographer, Intelligence team member, Warehouse or Software Architect then this book is for you. It covers the basics and then moves to advanced concepts. This will challenge and increase your knowledge enabling all those who read it to gain a greater understanding of multimedia and how all unstructured data is managed.
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849686920
- ISBN-13: 978-1849686921