Learn Cocoa Touch for iOS
The Cocoa Touch frameworks and APIs are powerful tools for creating native iOS apps, and they’re free with Xcode, Apple’s development environment. If you’ve already gotten your feet wet with Objective-C, and you’re ready to learn more about iOS development, then Learn Cocoa Touch for iOS is the book for you.
You’ll learn on the job – building cool apps as you read through the book that will teach you what you need to know to use Cocoa Touch and prepare you for creating your own apps.
Learn Cocoa Touch for iOS shows you how to use frameworks like MapKit, Twitter, and MediaPlayer. You’ll also learn about hardware APIs so you can get the most out of your accelerometer, camera, and more. You’ll even learn about more advanced features like Grand Central Dispatch.
Along the way, you’ll be building these real-world apps:
- A home inventory management system
- A live-updating Twitter client
- A photo browser with an animated slideshow
If you’re ready for the next step toward becoming a Cocoa Touch master, this is the book for you.
What you’ll learn
- Get up and running with Xcode and Apple’s other development tools
- Discover the Objective-C language and when to use the underlying C language
- Use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm to create well-designed apps
- Implement network services in your apps
- Animate screen components with UIKit animations
- Get awesome performance with multithreaded code
Who this book is for
Novice or intermediate programmers who want to create engaging iOS applications and get in-depth coverage of Cocoa Touch.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started
Chapter 2. Objective-C in a Nutshell
Chapter 3. Managing On-Screen Content with View Controllers
Chapter 4. Saving Content in Your App
Chapter 5. Handling User Touches
Chapter 6. Integrating Networking and Web Services
Chapter 7. Writing Modern Code with Blocks
Chapter 8. Managing What Happens When
Chapter 9. User Interface Design
Chapter 10. Hardware APIs
Chapter 11. Media in Your App. Playing Audio and Video
Chapter 12. Localization and Internationalizion
Appendix A. Running Code on an iOS Device
- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: Apress (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: n/a
- ISBN-13: 978-1430242697