Joomla! For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Build template-based web sites without the hassle of writing code!Joomla! is a free, open source PHP & MySQL-based content management system that allows you to create interactive, community-based Web sites without having to write or program code in PHP or ASP.NET. This fun and friendly introduction to Joomla! shows you how to create a rich, interactive Web site that does not require any code.
No matter your skill level, this easy-to-understand resource demonstrates how to drop preconfigured modules that already contain PHP and MySQL code directly into your Joomla! site. Thanks to the Dummies fun and friendly approach, you’ll quickly see how easy to create a rich, interactive Web site with Joomla!
- Demonstrates how to create a business site—complete with shopping cart—quickly and easily
- Walks you through developing Web sites with discussions, RSS feeds, picture submissions, and more
- Includes coverage of the newest version of Joomla!, explains its completely new administrative features, and reviews its ability to provide different levels of access to different users via much-requested access control lists
Find out why Joomla! is the easiest way to build an interactive, community-based Web site!
From the Back Cover
Build the coolest interactive Web sites — you don’t even need to know how to write code!
Want a Web site that looks as though it were built by a Fortune 500 company? With Joomla! and this book, you can whip one up in no time at all. You’ll quickly learn how to create a rich, interactive site that integrates discussions, RSS feeds, picture submissions, shopping carts, and more. It’s the fast and easy way to make a splash on the Web!
- Jump right into Joomla! — customize the home page by installing your own logo, adding text, modifying navigation menus, and more
- Navigate your site — find out how to build your own pages and then create menu items as you develop the best layout
- Add some spice — select from dozens of built-in modules to make your site more interactive
- Let them participate — include search capability, polls, menus, newsflashes, and banners
- Simplify your work — use Joomla! templates to determine what goes where, how modules are positioned, and where to display page content
- Dive into the real world — add everything from games and complete shopping-cart systems to site-map generators and multilingual content managers
- Get them there — see how Joomla! supports search engine optimization
Open the book and find:
- All about getting and installing Joomla!
- Tips on mastering the Front Page
- How to build navigation into your site with menus
- Ways to lay out Web pages with Joomla! templates
- Search engine optimization techniques to drive Web traffic
- How to work with Joomla! modules
- Steps for managing visitors on your site
- The 10 best Joomla! extensions to use
- Use Joomla!’s preconfigured modules to create interactive Web sites
- Build sites with discussion boards, RSS feeds, and shopping carts
- Enable users to post comments and photos and participate in surveys
- Take advantage of new security features
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 2nd Edition (February, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470599022
- ISBN-13: 978-0470599020