JIRA 4 Essentials
This book will introduce you to Atlassian JIRA, the world’s most popular issue tracking software. JIRA provides issue tracking and project tracking for software development teams to improve code quality and the speed of development.
This book will show you how to plan and design your own JIRA implementation. You will learn how to customize JIRA to adapt it to your organization and add value to your business. Chapters are structured to guide you through all the key aspects of JIRA with a practical implementation. By the end of the book, you will have built a working JIRA implementation.
You will start by setting up your own JIRA and be introduced to all the key features in subsequent chapters. With each chapter, you will learn important concepts such as business processes and workflows, e-mails and notifications, and you will have the opportunity to put your newly acquired knowledge into practice by following a live sample JIRA implementation.
Packed with real-life example and step-by-step instructions, this book will help you become a JIRA expert.
An in-depth guide to all the essential aspects of Atlassian JIRA
What you will learn from this book :
- Determine and choose the best options to set up JIRA to suit your requirements and constraints
- Understand key concepts to use JIRA more effectively
- Adapt JIRA to your organization and make it part of your everyday business process
- Customize JIRA’s data capture and presentation layout to provide a better user experience
- Secure JIRA to protect your data
- Add value to your data through powerful data query and information retrieval
- Capture data and display it to users by using different types of fields in JIRA
This book is a step-by-step tutorial and is packed with practical examples that will make learning JIRA easy.
Who this book is written for
If you want to get started with JIRA, then this is the perfect book for you.
You will need to be familiar with basic computer knowledge for your or your organization’s standard operating environment and to have experience with software project management.
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681724
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681728