IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Application Developer Cookbook
With lots of new features, DB2 9.7 delivers one the best relational database systems in the market. DB2 pureXML optimizes Web 2.0 and SOA applications.
DB2 LUW database software offers industry leading performance, scale, and reliability on your choice of platform on various Linux distributions, leading Unix Systems like AIX, HP-UX and Solaris and MS Windows platforms.
This DB2 9.7 Advanced Application Developer Cookbook will provide an in-depth quick reference during any application’s design and development.
This practical cookbook focuses on advanced application development areas that include performance tips and the most useful DB2 features that help in designing high quality applications. This book dives deep into tips and tricks for optimized application performance.
With this book you will learn how to use various DB2 features in database applications in an interactive way.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn new features in DB2 9.7 such as Performance enhancements, pureXML enhancements, high availability, backup, logging, resiliency, recovery enhancements and so on for application development
- Master different security aspects to design highly secured applications.
- Get step-by-step instructions to write advanced Java applications
- Work with DB2 routines and modules
- Master the tips and tricks for optimized application performance
- Learn to enable Oracle applications on DB2, migrating Oracle database objects on to DB2 9.7, and more
This cookbook has recipes written in a simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and insightful tips and hints.
Who this book is for
If you are an IBM DB2 application developer who would like to exploit advanced features provided by DB2 to design and implement high quality applications, then this book is for you.
This book assumes you have a basic understanding of the DB2 application development.
- Paperback: 442 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849683964
- ISBN-13: 978-1849683968