Here are just some of the things you’ll learn in Head First HTML5 Programing:
- Learn how to make your pages truly interactive by using the power of the DOM.
- Use the Geolocation API to know where your users are.
- Bring out your inner artist with Canvas, HTML5’s new 2D drawing surface.
- Go beyond just plugging a video into your pages, and create custom video experiences.
- Learn the secret to grabbing five megabytes of storage in every user’s browser.
- Improve your page’s responsiveness and performance with Web workers.
- And much more.
About the Author
Eric Freeman is described by Head First series co-creator Kathy Sierra as “one of those rare individuals fluent in the language, practice, and culture of multiple domains from hipster hacker, to corporate VP, engineer, think tank.” Professionally, Eric recently ended nearly a decade as a media company executive, having held the position ofCTO of Disney Online & Disney.com at The Walt Disney Company. Eric is now devoting his time to WickedlySmart.com and lives with his wife and young daughter on Bainbridge Island. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Yale University.
Elisabeth Robson is co-founder of Wickedly Smart, an education company devoted to helping customers gain mastery in web technologies. She’s co-author of two bestselling books, Head First Design Patterns and Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML.
- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449390544
- ISBN-13: 978-1449390549