Head First C#, 3rd Edition
Head First C# is a complete learning experience for learning how to program with C#, XAML, the .NET Framework, and Visual Studio. Fun and highly visual, this introduction to C# is designed to keep you engaged and entertained from first page to last.
You’ll build a fully functional video game in the opening chapter, and then learn how to use classes and object-oriented programming, draw graphics and animation, and query data with LINQ and serialize it to files. And you’ll do it all by creating games, solving puzzles, and doing hands-on projects. By the time you’re done, you’ll be a solid C# programmer—and you’ll have a great time along the way!
- Create a fun arcade game in the first chapter, and build games and other projects throughout the book
- Learn how to use XAML to design attractive and interactive pages and windows
- Build modern Windows Store apps using the latest Microsoft technology
- Learn WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) using the downloadable WPF Learner’s Guide
- Using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern to create robust architecture
- Build a bonus Windows Phone project and run it in the Visual Studio Windows Phone emulator
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Start Building With c#: Build something cool, fast!
Chapter 2. It’s all Just Code: Under the hood
Chapter 3. Objects: Get Oriented!: Making code make sense
Chapter 4. Types and References: It’s 10:00. Do you know where your data is?
Part I: C# Lab: A Day at the Races
Chapter 5. Encapsulation: Keep your privates… private
Chapter 6. Inheritance: Your object’s family tree
Chapter 7. Interfaces and Abstract Classes: Making classes keep their promises
Chapter 8. Enums and Collections: Storing Lots of Data
Chapter 9. Reading and Writing Files: Save the last byte for me!
Part II: C# Lab: The Quest
Chapter 10. Designing Windows Store Apps with Xaml: Taking your apps to the next level
Chapter 11. Async, Await, and Data Contract Serialization: Pardon the interruption
Chapter 12. Exception Handling: Putting out fires gets old
Chapter 13. Captain Amazing The Death of the Object
Chapter 14. Querying Data and Building Apps With LINQ: Get Control of Your Data
Chapter 15. Events and Delegates: What your Code does When You’re Not Looking
Chapter 16. Architecting Apps with the Mvvm Pattern: Great apps on the inside and outside
Part III: C# Lab: Invaders
Chapter 17. Bonus Project!: Build a Windows Phone app
- Paperback: 960 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 3rd Edition (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449343503
- ISBN-13: 978-1449343507