“Getting Started with Meteor” is an easy to follow, step-by-step approach to learning how to build modern web applications with Meteor. Through the development of a complete and ready-to-use application, you will experience exactly how easy and fast it can be to develop robust, flexible web applications, so you can build your own “killer” app in no time.
“Getting Started with Meteor” will walk you step-by-step through all the major advantages that Meteor has to offer. You’ll be up and running in less than two minutes, and will develop an actual application you can use. As you move quickly through the exercises, you’ll be able to experience first-hand how easy it is to develop in Meteor, and will gain invaluable best practices you can apply immediately to your coding projects.
You will learn about reactive programming and how Meteor takes advantage of the latest web technologies. You will gain a solid understanding of what the best design patterns are for developing web apps, and when to use them. You will learn how Meteor uses HTML templates and NoSQL (document-based) databases together to make coding applications simple and fun. Finally, you’ll gain best practices for security and performance, making your web applications fast, secure, and easy to use. If you want to build a web application but hate how difficult it seems to be, this book will show you the easy way to build and deploy modern web apps
This book will teach you everything you need to know to get up and running with Meteor, and start you on your way to becoming an expert web applications developer
What you will learn from this book
- Leverage reactive programming and live HTML in modern web applications.
- Design and implement MongoDB/NoSQL databases.
- Develop fast, simple web interfaces with HTML templates (Handlebars).
- Use design patterns effectively, including MVC/MVVM and Publisher-Subscriber.
- Use local and server synchronization to make apps more user-friendly.
- Structure an application for performance and security.
- Leverage and integrate user authentication systems (Facebook and Twitter)
- Implement third-party packages and add-ons such as Bootstrap and jQuery
- Deploy and administer Meteor applications.
Written in an engaging, easy-to-follow style, “Getting Started with Meteor” is a practical guide for developing modern web applications with Meteor.
Who this book is for
- Paperback: 130 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782160825
- ISBN-13: 978-1782160823