Ektron Developer’s Guide: Building an Ektron Powered Website
The first book to cover the Ektron content management system (CMS)Ektron CMS400.NET provides a complete platform that features all the functionality needed to create, deploy, and manage your Web site. The power is in your hands when you use the built-in server controls to deploy a site or customize the deployment with the API. Authored by a trio of Ektron insiders, this book escorts you through the detailed steps of building a prototype company site. Upon completion, you will have a complete and functional coded Web site that you can use as a template for future projects.
- Introduces the Ektron CMS400.NET as well as the Ektron architecture and includes an in-depth explanation of the Ektron framework
- Assumes no prior knowledge of the Ektron platform
- Shows you how to install the CMS, software dependencies, and samples sites
- Explains how to implement a social network and construct a storefront
Ektron Users Guide provides you with everything you need to know about the exciting possibilities of working with this popular and powerful platform.
From the Back Cover
Best practices for ensuring a successful Ektron web projectEktron provides a complete platform that features all the functionality needed to create, deploy, and manage a website, and this book walks you through the streamlined process of building an Ektron-powered site. Using a fictional website example, you’ll learn to set up, configure, develop, test, and deploy a site using established best practices and helpful tips. Each chapter focuses on the implementation of a specific aspect of the site and offers an overview of the technology and step-by-step instructions to putting that particular functionality into practice. By the end of the book, you’ll have acquired a solid understanding of the internal workings of the Ektron Framework.
Ektron Developers Guide:
- Introduces the web project methodology recommended by Ektron
- Discusses core Web Content Management concepts within the context of the sample site
- Reviews the main elements of the sample site’s homepage, the most visited part of the site
- Explores the technology used to create a successful customer support portal
- Highlights ways to implement social network software
- Paperback: 672 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (February, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470885696
- ISBN-13: 978-0470885697