Clearly Visual Basic: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010, 2nd Edition
If you want to learn the fundamentals of programming, don’t get bogged down with pages of technical jargon that most books on the market offer! No previous Visual Studio experience required for Clearly Visual Basic: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010, 2nd Edition by the best-selling author, Diane Zak. This innovative text is designed for a first course in programming teaching the basics through visualization and application. Using the most recent version of the software, Visual Basic 2010, beginners will learn solid programming principles and knowledge that is easily transferable to other languages.
- Mini-quizzes encourage readers to master fundamental topics before progressing into more advanced topics, and the answers are provided to give immediate feedback and more opportunity for learning.
- Each chapter contains a wide variety of exercises, offering several different types of exercises at various levels of difficulty, so every kind of learner has an opportunity to practice his or her skills.
- Each chapter has one or more videos that demonstrate and explain the concepts covered in the chapter. The videos, which include self-review quizzes, are available online under Student Downloads.
- Each chapter is accompanied by Want More Info? files that contain additional examples and further explanations of a concept. The files are in PDF format.
- SAM Test bank available.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. I am Not a Control Freak! (Control Structures)
Chapter 2. First You Need to Plan the Party (Problem-Solving Process)
Chapter 3. I Need a Tour Guide (Introduction to Visual Basic 2010)
Chapter 4. Do It Yourself Designing (Designing Interfaces)
Chapter 5. The Secret Code (Assignment Statements)
Chapter 6. Where Can I Store This? (Variables and Constants)
Chapter 7. What’s Wrong With It? (Syntax and Logic Errors)
Chapter 8. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions (Selection Structure)
Chapter 9. Time to Leave the Nest (Nested Selection Structures)
Chapter 10. So Many Paths…So Little Time (Multiple-Path Selection Structures)
Chapter 11. Testing, Testing…1, 2, 3 (Selecting Test Data)
Chapter 12. How Long Can This Go On? (Pretest Loops)
Chapter 13. Do It, Then Ask Permission (Posttest Loops)
Chapter 14. Let Me Count the Ways (Counter Loops)
Chapter 15. I’m On the Inside; You’re On the Outside (Nested Loops)
Chapter 16. I Hear You Are Breaking Up (Sub Procedures)
Chapter 17. Talk to Me (Function Procedures)
Chapter 18. A Ray of Sunshine (One-Dimensional Arrays)
Chapter 19. Parallel and Dynamic Universes (More on One-Dimensional Arrays)
Chapter 20. Table Tennis, Anyone? (Two-Dimensional Arrays)
Chapter 21. Building Your Own Structure (Structures)
Chapter 22. I’m Saving For the Future (Sequential Access Files)
Chapter 23. The String Section (String Manipulation)
Chapter 24. I’m Suffering from Information Overload (Access Databases)
Chapter 25. This Missing “LINQ” (Querying a Database)
Chapter 26. I Love This Class (Creating a Class)
Chapter 27. Getting Web-Ified (Web Applications)
- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: Course Technology; 2nd Edition (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1111530157
- ISBN-13: 978-1111530150