Xcode 4 iOS Development: Beginner’s Guide
The iPhone is one of the hottest mobile devices on the planet. Whether you are just starting out with iOS Development or already have some knowledge in this area, you will benefit from what this book covers. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you will go from Xcode 4 apprentice to Xcode 4 Jedi master in no time.
Xcode 4 iOS Development Beginner’s Guide will help you learn to build simple, yet powerful applications for the iPhone from the ground up. You will master the Xcode 4 tools and skills needed to create applications that are simple yet, like Yoda, punch far above their weight.
You will start by learning about the Xcode 4 Development Tools, Xcode IDE, iOS Simulator, Objective-C 2, and Organizer. Then you will jump straight in and create applications using Xcode and Interface Builder. You finish up by learning how to build, package, and distribute your application to the Apple App Store.
This book will teach you how to go about building simple applications from scratch, you will master how to download and install the Xcode 4 Development Tools, get to know the development environment and how to build great user interfaces (using Interface Builder), learn about the different iOS frameworks, learn how to implement video and audio playback, learn how to sense motion using the Accelerometer and Gyroscope, and how to improve the reliability and performance of your applications.
After reading Xcode 4 iOS Development Beginner’s Guide, you will be able to write your own applications for the iPhone with supreme efficiency. There are a lot of examples and images provided to get you up to speed quickly.
Using this book’s easy to follow step-by-step approach you will harness Xcode 4’s firepower to create some stunning applications for your iPhone
What you will learn from this book :
- Install and configure a set of frameworks to make your life easier for developing iPhone applications
- Download and install the Xcode 4 Development Tools
- Get started with Apple’s Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development paradigm
- Implement application input and views
- Build rotatable and resizable user interfaces
- Read and write data using the Core-Data framework
- Use the iPhone’s media playback to play sounds and videos
- Create map and location-based services
- Sense motion using the Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- Manage source code with the Version Editor
- Use instruments to make your applications run smoothly
- Build, package and distribute your applications through the App Store
This step-by-step book guides you through the process of creating awesome iOS apps using Xcode 4. As a beginner’s guide, it focuses on getting you through all the major learning points in a smooth, logical order while showing you how to avoid some common pitfalls.
Who this book is written for
If you want to learn how to build iOS applications that compete with the rest and make your mark within the iOS industry, this book is for you. You should have some basic programming experience with Objective-C, and a good understanding of OOP, as well as some knowledge of database design. No knowledge of Xcode 4 is required.
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691304
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691307