“OK. I’ve got my Twitter account…now what can I do with it?” Sound familiar? #tweetsmart provides the answer with 25 creative projects to help your business, cause, or organization grow. But this isn’t just another social media marketing book—it’s the anti-marketing how-to community-engagement book.
Twitter is not a marketing channel (and should never be used as such) but it is a community of interested, engaged, and influential people. Meeting and getting to know these people can help you build your own community. In this useful guide, you’ll find projects to help you approach your Twitter audience in ways that are strategic, measurable, and fun.
- Put a new wrinkle on an old contest: “be the 10th person to tweet”
- Create a hashtag game around your company or products
- Instead of polling, ask your followers to help you make a product decision
- Make MadLibs out of your marketing copy or mission statement
- Hold a scavenger hunt, and relay clues via Twitter
- Organize a weekly Twitter chat on various subjects
- Solicit funny product shots, using Twitter’s photo-sharing utility
- Spontaneously tweet from a store location: “Meet me now and win!”
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Radio Contest
Chapter 2. The Tweet & Eat
Chapter 3. Hashtag Games
Chapter 4. Twitter Market Research
Chapter 5. Twitter AdLibs
Chapter 6. Twitter Haiku
Chapter 7. Photo Caption Contest
Chapter 8. Treasure Hunt
Chapter 9. Twitter BOGO—Buy One, Get One
Chapter 10. Discussion Groups
Chapter 11. Tweet Bombs
Chapter 12. Web Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 13. Random Retweet
Chapter 14. A Picture is Worth 7.14 Tweets
Chapter 15. The Star in the Crowd
Chapter 16. Digital Hide & Seek
Chapter 17. Smile. You’re on Camera.
Chapter 18. Half-Off Hangman
Chapter 19. Topic Quotes
Chapter 20. Twitter Trivia
Chapter 21. Twitter Telephone
Chapter 22. Where In The World Is…?
Chapter 23. I Feel So Close To You Right Now
Chapter 24. I’ve Got The Golden Ticket!
Chapter 25. Real-World Scavenger Hunt
- Paperback: 106 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449309119
- ISBN-13: 978-1449309114