Science Teaching with Moodle 2.0
Moodle is an open source virtual learning environment that is becoming increasingly popular in schools worldwide due to its ease of use and flexibility. Science is the perfect subject to benefit from the features of Moodle as students will find it easier to learn with the help of interactive content, rather than reading ancient textbooks.
Science Teaching with Moodle 2.0 will give you lots of tips and tricks for teaching science using Moodle. This book will make learning more fun for your students and explain complicated concepts with ease with the help of images, diagrams, and interactive quizzes. It will teach you how to create quizzes, start forum discussions, embed videos, and much more, all while keeping the students’ performance at the front of your mind, which is easily monitored using the Gradebook function.
Use Moodle to create quizzes, forums, activities, and much more, to make your science lessons more interactive
What you will learn from this book :
- Use scientific notation, mathematical functions, and display molecules to make your students understand difficult concepts more easily
- Use the DragMath Equation editor to teach about kinetic energy and momentum
- Set up surveys to enable your students to help one another and improve the course with their suggestions
- Create databases to classify elements, materials, and structures
- Embed videos and images that students can access from home
- Monitor your students with Gradebook
- Set up quizzes and collect the results to see how your students are progressing
- Easily explain difficult concepts such as light and sound waves using animations
- Theme your site to make it more science-centric
Packed with lots of practical examples, each chapter takes you through a different aspect of teaching using Moodle. All examples are based around a sample science course, which you can see growing throughout the book.
Who this book is written for
This book is for science teachers who would like to enhance their lessons using Moodle. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t used Moodle before; as long as someone has set it up for you, you can get started with the exercises in the book straightaway.
- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 30, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849511489
- ISBN-13: 978-1849511483
Where can find epub form ebook?