Take Razor for a test drive and discover first hand how this scripting syntax simplifies the way you create dynamic, data-driven websites. With this concise guide, you’ll work with Razor syntax by building example websites with Microsoft WebMatrix and ASP.NET MVC. You’ll quickly learn how Razor lets you combine code and content in a fluid and expressive manner on Windows-based servers.
Programming Razor also explores components of the Razor API, and shows you how Razor templates are turned into rendered HTML. By the end of this book, you’ll be able to create Razor-based websites with custom extensions that meet the specific needs of your projects.
- Use Razor with Microsoft WebMatrix to build a working blog, complete with data
- Organize and manage your web application, using Razor features for layouts, sections, and partial views
- Create clean and effective ASP.NET MVC views with the Razor View Engine
- Learn how the Razor API interprets Razor templates and turns them into executable .NET code
- Implement advanced techniques for exposing reusable code and sharing ASP.NET MVC views across projects
About the Author
Jess Chadwick is an independent software consultant specializing in web technologies. He has over a decade of development experience ranging from embedded devices in start-ups to enterprise-scale web farms at Fortune 500s. He is an ASPInsider, Microsoft MVP in ASP.NET and is an avid community member, frequently delivering technical presentations as well as leading the NJDOTNET Central New Jersey .NET user group. Jess lives in the Philadelphia, PA area with his wonderful wife, baby daughter, and black lab.
- Paperback: 118 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449306764
- ISBN-13: 978-1449306762