PHP for the Web: Visual QuickStart Guide, 4th Edition
With PHP for the World Wide Web, Fourth Edition: Visual QuickStart Guide, readers can start from the beginning to get a tour of the programming language, or look up specific tasks to learn just what they need to know. This task-based visual reference guide uses step-by-step instructions and plenty of screenshots to teach beginning and intermediate users this popular open-source scripting language. Leading technology author Larry Ullman guides readers through the latest developments including use and awareness of HTML5 with PHP. Other addressed changes include removal of outdated functions and more efficient ways to tackle common needs.
Both beginning users, who want a thorough introduction to the technology, and more intermediate users, who are looking for a convenient reference, will find what they need here–in straightforward language and through readily accessible examples.
From the Back Cover
Learn PHP programming–the quick and easy way!
- Easy visual approach uses demonstrations and real-world examples of dynamic Web development using PHP and shows you what to do step by step.
- Concise steps and explanations let you get up and running in no time.
- Essential reference guide keeps you coming back again and again.
- Whether you’re a programming newbie or an experienced veteran learning PHP for the first time, this book will teach you all you need to know, including the latest changes in PHP, what to expect in HTML5, and more!
- Visit the companion website for online resources, including all the scripts used in the book, bonus content, and a support forum where you can get answers directly from the author.
- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press; 4th Edition (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321733452
- ISBN-13: 978-0321733450