OpenCart 1.4 Template Design Cookbook
Templates in OpenCart provide a powerful way to make your site look exactly the way you want either using a single template for the entire site or a separate template for each site section. Although it sounds like an easy task to build and maintain templates, it can be challenging to get beyond the basics and customize templates to meet your needs perfectly.
First we will install OpenCart. Then we will get familiar with the ways to modify the store configuration. After that we will start styling our OpenCart store by resetting all the browser settings. We will create a banner image step by step. We will control the positioning of our OpenCart modules. We will see how we can use different jQuery plugins to display our products effectively. We will also cover several modern footer creation recipes in this book. Towards the end of the book we will use different eye-catching menus for our store so it really starts to take shape. Finally we will learn how to create an error page and a sitemap page for our store. Once our journey through the book is complete we will have created a modern store with OpenCart and have full control over our store template.
What you will learn from this book :
- Displaying products in different sections with simple and effective recipes
- Creating modern headers with advanced layout
- Adorning the admin panel with our own style using CSS
- Various recipes to create our own footer layout
- Displaying the navigational menu in customizable ways
- Adding dynamic contents to our store
- Using GIMP to create images
- Debugging our store for enhancement
- Customizing error page and sitemaps
This hands-on guide cuts short the preamble and gets straight to the point with practical recipes instead of just theoretical learning. Each recipe is specifically tailored to fulfill your appetite for creating professional visually stunning templates and themes for your OpenCart store.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514305
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514309