NOOK Tablet: The Missing Manual
Combine a world-class e-reader with a top-notch tablet—then add know-how from technology guru Preston Gralla—and you have the perfect recipe for portable entertainment. Packed with clear instructions and helpful illustrations, this book gets you up to speed on the NOOK Tablet so you can enjoy ebooks, magazines, games, apps, TV shows, and movies right away.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Relax with a book. Load your NOOK library with ebooks, comics, and interactive books for kids.
- Play with apps. Enjoy the games and apps everyone’s talking about.
- Go online. Browse the Web and check your email with built-in WiFi.
- Be social. Share books and recommendations with your NOOK Friends and Facebook and Twitter contacts.
- Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and listen to your favorite music anywhere.
- Read all about it. Subscribe to a variety of magazines and newspapers.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics
Chapter 1. Getting to Know Your NOOK Tablet
Chapter 2. Setting Up Your NOOK Tablet
Chapter 3. Using Your NOOK Tablet for the First Time
Part II: Reading Books and Periodicals
Chapter 4. Reading Books, Newspapers, and Magazines
Chapter 5. Reading NOOK Kids Books
Part III: Buying, Borrowing, and Managing Your Library
Chapter 6. Buying Books, Magazines, and Newspapers and Managing Your Library
Chapter 7. Borrowing and Lending Books with LendMe and Your Local Library
Part IV: Apps, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Photographs, and Files
Chapter 8. Streaming Media: Pandora, Netflix, and Hulu Plus
Chapter 9. Downloading and Using Apps
Chapter 10. Music, Pictures, Video, and Documents
Chapter 11. Transferring Files Between Your NOOK Tablet and Your Computer
Part V: The Web and Email
Chapter 12. Surfing the Web
Chapter 13. Using Email
Part VI: Getting Social
Chapter 14. NOOK Friends, Facebook, Twitter, and Beyond
Chapter 15. Managing Your Contacts
Part VII: Advanced Topics
Chapter 16. Settings
Chapter 17. Rooting Your NOOK
Part VIII: Appendixes
Appendix A. Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Appendix B. File Formats
Appendix C. Visiting B&N with Your NOOK Tablet
- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449317758
- ISBN-13: 978-1449317751