Microsoft Exchange 2013 Cookbook
Exchange 2013 is much more than just a messaging platform. Because of the multitude of features both targeted at the end user as well as the platform’s administrator, deploying, migrating to or managing it might take just that little extra.
Microsoft Exchange 2013 Cookbook is a practical, hands-on guide that will provide you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises that help you to understand how the product works and how you should go about it in your own deployment.
Throughout the book, you will be taken on a journey through the different aspects of Exchange 2013. We will look at the differences with previous versions and highlight how to configure and work with the product’s different features in a practical way.
You will learn how to deploy, configure, and maintain Exchange 2013 from scratch or in an existing environment. We will walk you through different scenarios you’ll encounter in your day-to-day administration and explain how Exchange 2013 works. You will fundamentally understand what Exchange 2013 is all about and how to actually do things.
You will learn all you need to know to successfully deploy (or migrate to) Exchange 2013 and maintain it once it’s been deployed.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure and work with the common features of Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Identify and configure some of the new security features of Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Configure the new Client Access Server role
- Plan a deployment of Exchange 2013
- Configure and work with the new Mailbox Server role
- Design and configure High Availability
- Configure secure external access
- Migrate to Exchange 2013 from Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010
- Configure security and compliance features
This book is a practical, hands-on guide that provides the reader with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises.
Who this book is written for
“Microsoft Exchange 2013 Cookbook” is targeted at network administrators who deal with the Exchange server in their day-to-day jobs. It assumes you have some practical experience wsith previous versions of Exchange (although this is not a requirement), without being a subject matter expert.
- Paperback: 354 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782170626
- ISBN-13: 978-1782170624