Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization
While UAG is built to integrate with many environments and publish dozens of application types, many organizations require a certain level of customization to meet their needs.
With this book in hand, you will be equipped to deal with these types of customization scenarios, and you will be confident in using such workarounds without hassle and trial and error.
Written by some of the leading experts on UAG, “Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization” covers the most complex and challenging options for customizing UAG in a way that is friendly and easy to follow. It walks you through various customization tasks, including explanations and code samples, as well as creative ideas for troubleshooting your work.
Until now, only a few of the extensions to UAG’s services have been publicly available, and most were only known to a select few. Now, this can include you!
Throughout this book, you will tackle how to change the system’s look-and-feel, deal with advanced authentication schemes and write special functions that need to be executed as part of the client interaction.
With “Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization”, you too can learn how to customize various aspects of UAG’s functionality to enhance your organization or customers’ experience.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with customizing the look-and-feel of the log in and portal pages
- Configure UAG for custom authentication, including certificate authentication
- Create custom endpoint detection and policies based on your own scripts
- Take advantage of adjusting content on-the-fly to address application compatibility issues
- Understand how to inject functionality into the log in process
- Go further by performing various text, language, theme and image customizations
- Soak up the knowledge of UAG experts to utilize extension and customization secrets
“Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization” is a hands-on guide with step-by-step instructions for enhancing the functionality of UAG through customization.
Each topic details one key aspect of functionality and the operative mechanism behind it, and suggests functionality that can be achieved with customization, along with helpful code samples.
Who this book is for
Whether you are a seasoned UAG consultant, deployment and support engineer or a UAG customer, this book is for you. Consultants will be able to enhance the services you can provide for UAG customization, while the book helps customers to achieve tasks that have been restricted to the realm of expert consultants until now.
- Paperback: 186 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184968538X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849685382