jQuery UI 1.8: The User Interface Library for jQuery
jQuery UI has a series of ready-made user interface widgets and a comprehensive set of core interaction helpers to reduce the amount of code that you need to write to take a project from conception to completion.
jQuery UI 1.8: The User Interface Library for jQuery has been specially revised for version 1.8 of jQuery UI. It is written to maximize your experience with the library by breaking down each component and walking you through examples that progressively build upon your knowledge, taking you from beginner to advanced usage in a series of easy-to-follow steps.
Throughout the book, you’ll learn how each component can be initialized in a basic default implementation and then customize and configure each component to tailor it to your application. You’ll look at the configuration options and the methods exposed by each component’s API to see how these can be used to bring out the best of the library. Each chapter will also show you the custom events fired by the component covered and how these events can be intercepted and acted upon.
What you will learn from this book :
- How the CSS framework consistently themes the widgets and how these styles can be used in your own code
- Create a custom jQuery UI widget using the widget library
- The underlying mark-up required by different components, and how each widget or interaction helper is initialized
- Configure the different components, and the different options that each component uses
- Work with each widget programmatically using its methods and event hooks
- Practical examples of how each component can be used
- Add flair to your interface with animation effects
An example-based approach leads you step-by-step through the implementation and customization of each library component and its associated resources. Reference tables of each configuration option, method, and event for each component are provided, alongside detailed explanations of how each widget is used.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849516529
- ISBN-13: 978-1849516525
Good book i hope/