Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2012
The only book to teach C++ programming with Microsoft Visual Studio!
There’s a reason why Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ books dominate the marketplace. Ivor Horton has a loyal following who love his winning approach to teaching programming languages, and in this fully updated new edition, he repeats his successful formula. Offering a comprehensive introduction to both the standard C++ language and to Visual C++, he offers step-by-step programming exercises, examples, and solutions to deftly guide novice programmers through the ins and outs of C++ development.
- Introduces novice programmers to the current standard, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, as it is implemented in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Focuses on teaching both the C++11 standard and Visual C++ 2012, unlike virtually any other book on the market
- Covers the C++ language and library and the IDE
- Delves into new features of both the C++11 standard and of the Visual C++ 2012 programming environment
- Features C++ project templates, code snippets, and more
Even if you have no previous programming experience, you’ll soon learn how to build real-world applications using Visual C++ 2012 with this popular guide.
From the Back Cover
Renowned author Ivor Horton introduces you to Visual C++ 2012
There’s a reason why Ivor Horton’s books dominate the marketplace: his unique, easy-to-understand tutorial style of covering a topic is accessible to both novice and experienced programmers. And now, with this updated guide, he delivers a comprehensive introduction to both the standard C++ language and Visual C++ 2012. Step-by-step programming exercises, helpful examples, and clear solutions deftly walk you through the ins and outs of C++ development. By the end of the book, you’ll have a solid understanding of how to build real-world applications using Visual C++ 2012.
Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2012:
- Introduces you to the current version of the C++ language (C++ 11), as it is implemented in Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2012
- Provides a comprehensive tutorial on using the complete Visual C++ programming language
- Explains the C++ Standard Template Library and how to apply it to make your programming tasks easier
- Shows you the principal elements of developing Windows desktop applications in C++ using the Microsoft Foundation Classes
- Guides you through the development of a substantial Windows® 7 desktop application that you can also run under Windows® 8
- Illustrates how to develop Windows 8 Apps with Visual C++ using a working game example
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Programming with Visual C++
Chapter 2. Data, Variables, and Calculations
Chapter 3. Decisions and Loops
Chapter 4. Arrays, Strings, and Pointers
Chapter 5. Introducing Structure into Your Programs
Chapter 6. More about Program Structure
Chapter 7. Defining Your Own Data Types
Chapter 8. More on Classes
Chapter 9. Class Inheritance and Virtual Functions
Chapter 10. The Standard Template Library
Chapter 11. Windows Programming Concepts
Chapter 12. Windows Programming with the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
Chapter 13. Working with Menus and Toolbars
Chapter 14. Drawing in a Window
Chapter 15. Improving the View
Chapter 16. Working with Dialogs and Controls
Chapter 17. Storing and Printing Documents
Chapter 18. Programming Windows 8 Apps
- Paperback: 984 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118368088
- ISBN-13: 978-1118368084
unfortunately, this book restricts the developer on Visual C++ environment. How about Lippman’s C++ Primer?
I will update it soon 🙂
Marry me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 😀 I absolutely and wholeheartedly adore this site!
Eeem…I wanted to ask: when you said “update soon”, you did not clarify if that soon would take a couple of days, or even months. Can you estimate a bit when you might find time to upload it please? i would like to read more about C++11 from these authors what they have to offer.
C++ Primer, 5th Edition By Stanley B. Lippman, Josée LaJoie, Barbara E. Moo. Isn’t it?
I will update it in weekend :).
this is so wicked! thanks a million!
The weekend came, and I got so anxious to get the book :S
Can you please upload it? I would be grateful!
I guess there’s no book coming :/
Sorry tavivlia, I not yet got it.
I will send you an email, don’t worry about this :).
Wow!, can you please find “Accelerated C++” and / or “Modern C++ Design”? These books are a must for any programmer who wants to take C++ quite seriously.
Actually, anything and everything from Bjarne Stroustrup, Scott Meyers, Herb Sutter, Andrei Alexandrescu, and Andrew Koenig should be a must for a serious C++ programmer. Also anything that has to do with metaprogramming with C++ should be read by anyone as a language agnostic tool too; it helps to understand how Engine Control Units work in a car and why using metaprogramming can be a crucial point in your career as a developer.
If you can find them I would be greatful to you.
I’m sorry, both of them are not released ebook version.
I will let you know by sending an email when I got them.