iOS Development using MonoTouch Cookbook
MonoTouch brings the amazing revenue opportunities of Apple’s billion dollar app store to C# and .NET developers.
This cookbook leaves no stone unturned, providing you with practical recipes covering user interfaces, data management, multimedia , web services, and localization, right through to application deployment on the app store.
Whatever the area of MonoTouch iOS development you need to know about, you will find a recipe for it in this cookbook. Minimum theory and maximum practical action defines this book. It is jam packed with recipes for interacting with the device hardware, like the GPS, compass and the accelerometer. Recipes for those all important real world issues such as designing the UI with the integrated designer introduced with Xcode 4. It is the essential cookbook for C# and .NET developers wanting to be part of the exciting and lucrative world of iOS development.
What you will learn from this book:
- Create applications specifically designed for the iPad.
- Consume .NET web services, including WCF.
- Capture and manage multimedia resources using the device’s camera and microphone.
- Use the accelerometer to capture and respond to device movements.
- Create location-aware applications using the built-in GPS, compass and mapping features.
- Create graphics and animation for powerful applications.
- Effectively use multitasking features to provide a user-friendly experience.
- Target worldwide audience with localization techniques and deploy to the App Store.
- Introduction to some of the new features of iOS 5
The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge.
Who this book is written for
This book is essential for C# and .NET developers with no previous experience in iOS development and Objective-C developers that want to make a transition to the benefits of MonoTouch and the C# language, for creating complete, compelling iPhone, iPod and iPad applications and deploying them to the App Store.
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691460
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691468