HTML5 Canvas Cookbook
The HTML5 Canvas Cookbook begins by covering the basics of the HTML5 Canvas API and then progresses by providing advanced techniques for handling features not directly supported by the API such as animation and canvas interactivity. It winds up by providing detailed templates for a few of the most common HTML5 canvas applications—data visualization, game development, and 3D modeling. It will acquaint you with interesting topics such as fractals, animation, physics, color models, and matrix mathematics.
By the end of this book, you will have a solid understanding of the HTML5 Canvas API and a toolbox of techniques for creating any type of HTML5 Canvas application, limited only by the extent of your imagination.
What you will learn from this book:
- Learn about the fundamentals of line drawing, text drawing, shape drawing, composites, and picture drawing.
- Work with images, video, and pixel manipulation.
- Apply transformation effects including translations, scaling, rotations, and shearing.
- Animate linear motions, accelerations, and oscillations, and create a particle physics simulator.
- Extend the HTML5 Canvas API to support shape event handling for desktop and mobile applications.
- Construct data visualizations with graphs and charts.
- Develop your own HTML5 canvas games.
- Create stunning 3D visualizations with WebGL.
Written in cookbook style, this book offers a wide array of techniques for building HTML5 Canvas applications. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information. The book is designed so that you can read it chapter by chapter, or you can look at the list of recipes and refer to them in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 348 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (November 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691363
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691369