Galaxy S II: The Missing Manual
Unlock the potential of Samsung’s outstanding smartphone with this jargon-free guide from technology guru Preston Gralla. You’ll quickly learn how to shoot high-res photos and HD video, keep your schedule, stay in touch, and enjoy your favorite media. Every page is packed with illustrations and valuable advice to help you get the most from the smartest phone in town.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get dialed in. Learn your way around the Galaxy S II’s calling and texting features.
- Go online. Browse the Web, manage email, and download apps with Galaxy S II’s 3G/4G network (or create your own hotspot).
- Master your media. Shoot and share pictures and video, organize and play your music library—and send it wirelessly to your TV or stereo.
- Be entertained now. Start watching movies and TV shows while they’re still loading.
- Explore the world. Get news and weather, find a location, and navigate by GPS.
- Check your schedule. Use the convenient calendar app, and sync it with your Google and Outlook calendars.
Preston Gralla is the author of more than 40 books, including Missing Manuals on Droid X2, Xoom, and Galaxy Tab. He’s the editor of WindowsDevCenter.com and OnDotNet, and a contributing editor to Computerworld.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics
Chapter 1. The Guided Tour
Chapter 2. Typing and Texting
Chapter 3. Phone Calls
Part II: Music, Pictures, and Video
Chapter 4. Music
Chapter 5. Camera, Photos, and Video
Part III: Maps, Apps, and Calendar
Chapter 6. Maps, Navigation, and Other Galaxy S II Apps
Chapter 7. Calendar
Part IV: Online
Chapter 8. Getting Online: Wi-Fi, 3G, and Mobile Hot Spots
Chapter 9. The Web
Chapter 10. Email, Gmail, Twitter, and Facebook
Chapter 11. Downloading and Using Apps
Part V: Advanced
Chapter 12. Transferring Music, Videos, Pictures, and Other Files
Chapter 13. Taking the Galaxy S II to Work
Chapter 14. Controlling the Galaxy S II with Your Voice
Chapter 15. Settings
Appendix. Setup and Signup
Appendix. Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Paperback: 434 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 144939681X
- ISBN-13: 978-1449396817