App Inventor for Android
Create Android mobile apps, no programming required!Even with limited programming experience, you can easily learn to create apps for the Android platform with this complete guide to App Inventor for Android. App Inventor for Android is a visual language that relies on simple programming blocks that users can drag and drop to create apps. This handy book gives you a series of fully worked-out apps, complete with their programming blocks, which you can customize for your own use or use as a starting point for creating the next killer app. And it’s all without writing a single line of code. Don’t miss the book’s special section on Apps Inventor Design Patterns, which explains computer terms in simple terms and is an invaluable basic reference.
- Teaches programmers and non-programmers alike how to use App Inventor for Android to create Android apps
- Provides a series of fully worked-out apps that you can customize, download, and use on your Android phone or use as a starting point for building the next great app
- Includes a valuable reference section on App Inventor Design Patterns and general computer science concepts
- Shows you how to create apps that take advantage of the Android smartphone?s handy features, such as GPS, messaging, contacts, and more
With App Inventor for Android and this complete guide, you’ll soon be creating apps that incorporate all of the Android smartphone’s fun features, such as the accelerometer, GPS, messaging, and more.
From the Back Cover
Build your own Android Apps – piece by piece! App Inventor for Android is a complete, hands-on -guide to creating your own apps with Google’s App Inventor -a powerful tool that allows even non-programmers to create mobile applications for Android-powered devices. Inside, you will learn programming and mobile OS concepts while creating fully functional, useful, and fun applications for the Android platform.
Using App Inventor’s drag-and-drop interface, you will create apps that take advantage of Android device features including the accelerometer, GPS, messaging, contacts, the Web, and more.
Insider you will learn how to
- Set up App Inventor and connect your phone or emulator
- Use the App Inventor Designer to create your app’s look and feel
- Work with the App Inventor Blocks Editor to ass functionality to your app
- Build a chat client using App Inventor’s Bluetooth capability
- Create your own games
- Design your own Twitter app
App Inventor for Android shows you to create fully-functional apps that you can build, download, and use on your Android phone right away. Best of all, the apps come with complete source blocks, fully explained in easy-to-understand terms, which you can customize or use as a model for building your own Android applications.
Please visit wiley.com/go/appinventorandroid to download project files.
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119991331
- ISBN-13: 978-1119991335