The bestselling guide to the leading image-editing software, fully updated
Previous editions of this For Dummies guide have sold more 650,000 copies. Richly illustrated in full color, this edition covers all the updates in the newest version of Photoshop, the gold standard for image-editing programs. Used by professional photographers, graphic designers, and Web designers as well as hobbyists, Photoshop has more than four million users worldwide.
- Photoshop is the image-editing software preferred by professional photographers and designers around the world; the latest version includes new functionality and enhanced tools
- Teaches all the basics for first-time users, including how to work with the menus, panels, tools, options, and essential shortcuts
- Covers how to fix red-eye, remove blemishes and wrinkles, remove people or objects from a photo, adjust brightness, improve color, add shadows and highlights, work with Camera Raw, decrease digital noise, create composite images, use channels and masks, optimize images for the Web, and much more
Photoshop CS5 For Dummies helps both amateur and professional Photoshop users take advantage of all the program has to offer.
From the Back Cover
Learn the ins and outs of Photoshop — the fast and easy way!
Whether you’re just learning Photoshop or want to take your skills up a notch, you’ve come to the right place. Photoshop expert Pete Bauer shows you how, using the latest features of Photoshop CS5. Whether you want to remove a background from a photo, adjust brightness, improve color, or fix flaws — just for starters — this book gives you the tools.
- Breeze through the basics — if you’re a beginner, check this section for details on how to get started, get around, and get comfortable
- Enhancements made easy — learn about Levels and Curves, make color look natural, work with Camera Raw, create selections, and more
- Walk on the creative side — learn how to build composite images and add layer styles to turn your photo into a work of art
- Make your images pop — use Photoshop’s tools to adjust the tonality and create sharper, more colorful images
- Power Photoshop — unleash the capabilities of Photoshop’s advanced features
Open the book and find:
- How to get images into Photoshop and keep them organized
- What you can do to take advantage of Camera Raw
- Tips for designing composite images by using layers and blending modes
- Techniques for curing red-eye, wrinkles, and more
- How to use vector paths and layer styles
- Steps for automating tasks by using the Adobe Bridge Tools menu
- Advice on what you need to know about HDR (High Dynamic Range) images
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (May, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470610786
- ISBN-13: 978-0470610787