Discover how to take advantage of the many new features in SharePoint 2010. SharePoint provides content management (enterprise content management, Web content management, records management, and more), workflow, and social media features, and the new version boasts enhanced capabilities. This introductory-level book walks you through the process of learning, developing, and deploying SharePoint 2010 solutions.
You’ll leverage your existing skills and tools to grasp the fundamental programming concepts and practices of SharePoint 2010. The author clearly explains how to develop your first application for SharePoint 2010 and guides you through the many aspects of a SharePoint 2010 development project.
- Explains how SharePoint is more than simply a portal and is capable of providing content management, workflow, social media features, and more
- Details the new features and functions of SharePoint 2010 and provides a thorough look at the fundamental programming concepts and practices of SharePoint 2010
- Walks you through how to perform common developer tasks in SharePoint and the tools required to do so
- Reviews building and deploying Web parts, integrating Office applications with SharePoint, interacting with data in SharePoint 2010, developing Web Services for SharePoint, and creating enhanced user experiences for SharePoint
Covering everything from developing applications for SharePoint 2010 to securing those applications, Beginning SharePoint 2010 Development is an ideal introductory resource.
From the Back Cover
Put the power of SharePoint 2010 into practice
As a first-class platform that has evolved significantly since its previous release, SharePoint 2010 now provides several advancements for the developer (native Visual Studio tools support, services and extensibility enhancements, and APIs), and many new capabilities (improved data programmability, line-of-business interoperability, and sandboxed solutions). With this authoritative guide, industry veteran Steve Fox provides expert guidance on developing applications as he walks you through the fundamentals of programming, explores the developer toolset, and provides practical code examples to teach you how to use many of SharePoint’s new developer features. You’ll quickly discover how SharePoint’s rich platform supports great collaboration, extensibility, and interoperability.
Beginning SharePoint 2010 Development:
- Guides you through the creation of your first SharePoint 2010 application
- Addresses working with SharePoint 2010 sites, lists, and Web parts
- Describes developing SharePoint applications using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Reviews standard and Visual Web parts, as well as data view Web parts
- Details integrating SharePoint with Microsoft® Office
- Explains how to secure your SharePoint 2010 applications
Steve Fox is a Technical Evangelist in the Developer Platform Evangelism group at Microsoft. He presents at many conferences and has written numerous articles.
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (June 8, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470584637
- ISBN-13: 978-0470584637